Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why so cold outside?

A conversation with the couple yesterday made something apparent to me again.

My world point of view is quite limited. I've realized at times, that its hard for me to relate to them in terms of the things we've all experienced. Since I can't relate, its so hard for me to empathize and feel anything at times. So, when I'm asked how I feel about certain things, I can't really answer because my default disposition is feeling nothing. I have to re-think the experience they've shared with me and go over it again in my head and see how I feel afterwards. I just hate that I can't answer right away because of the earlier mentioned default mechanism.

And even when I do express something, it doesn't even feel genuine to ME. Why does that happen, when other times, my emotions just flow?

To be continued....

No comments: